EGB Cumbria Group End of Season Trophies Rules
The rules that are detailed in the EGB Members Handbook apply.
To claim awards members must complete the appropriate form that is sent out with the August group newsletter or downloaded it from the group website. It must be returned to the group Trophies Coordinator by the closing date. Photocopies of the Master cards and pink pleasure km cards must accompany each form. For claiming points for SERC rides and for all ER rides, a copy of the vet sheet should also be included. For ER rides ensure the position and number of competitors is shown on the vet sheets or print off the results sheet from the EGB website.
The closing date will be set as the last date for National EGB rides or the last date of Cumbria Group rides, whichever is the later, providing it is still practicable to process returns and order rosettes in time for the end of season awards night. Late returns will be accepted at the discretion of the Trophies Coordinator.
Generally each full member should submit a return for each horse that they have registered for that competitive season. (Horses that only do pleasure rides do not need to be registered.)The horse may be owned by them or by someone else, but if they are the usual rider for that horse then they should submit the return.
When calculating eligible kms and points for the horse those obtained when being ridden by someone other than the usual rider are still eligible. When calculating eligible kms for riders account will be taken of all horses that have been ridden by the rider providing copies of the relevant cards are submitted as evidence.
Eligibility for each trophy is verified by cross checking the kms and grades recorded on the master cards, pink group cards and SERC vet sheets. Distance verification for competitive rides is always taken from the master card (note this is different to EGB national awards where it is the distance published in the handbook).
The age of the horse is deemed to change on the 1st Jan of the current year irrespective of the actual date of birth. E.g a horse born on the 1st May 2003 would be deemed to be 7 yrs old for the 2010 season. (This method is also adopted when assessing eligibility for the Veteran Rider trophy).
When calculating points for SERC rides the first heart rate taken should be used to convert to an EGB grading.
Open/Advanced horses can complete a SERC ride at 9.5km/hr and under SERC rules it is still valid. Under EGB rules Open/Advanced horses must complete at 10km/hr to qualify. In cases where the horse has completed at less than 10km/h it will be considered to have competed as a novice and the result converted to EGB points on that basis. Note that Open/Advance horses competing in a novice class will only be awarded points for the distance and not for the grade (EGB rule ).
A horse is deemed to have started a ride if it has been presented for the pre-ride vetting.
If a horse is withdrawn before completing a ride, the kms can only be counted if the ride was advertised as an elevator ride, and the appropriate requirements (pg 126 of EGB handbook) have been met.
Kms from all EGB and SERC pleasure rides are valid if recorded on the pink group card and signed by the ride organiser. Kms from rides organised by other groups and organisations are also valid if recorded on the pink card providing the ride was advertised with a measured route.
All full members must help at a Cumbria
EGB group or national ride each year to be eligible for
trophies and mileage rosettes. This must be recorded on the pink group
card and signed by the ride organiser. Full members are encouraged to help at a
further ride. Associate members are encouraged to help
at at least one
To confirm eligibly for breed trophies, members must submit copies of breed society documentation with their first submission.
The trophy coordinator will maintain a record of kms for each horse and will award distance rosettes based on the returns submitted. If kms are not eligible or claimed in any one year they can be carried over and claimed in a later year. (Carried over kms are not eligible for trophies). Rosettes are awarded for horses owned or competed on by full members, on completion of 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500 kms. Special rosettes are awarded for 1,000 kms, further rosettes are then awarded at 500 km intervals. In addition silver plates are awarded for 5,000 and 10,000 kms.
The horses of Associate members are also eligible for distance rosettes up to 500kms starting with the 2011 season. Competitive rides do not count. Kms can only count if the horse was ridden by the Associate member submitting the return. An Associate member may collect rosettes for more than one horse. A horse ridden by an Associate member and a Full member during the same season can not be claimed by both riders. Members of SERC who are Associate members of EGB can receive rosettes.
Associate members who become full members can transfer their accumulated associate mileage and then continue to receive further mileage rosettes for each additional 500kms. Full members who become Associate members can transfer any full member mileage totalling less than 500km and then receive rosettes for any additional NCR mileage up to 500km for that horse.
If an anomaly is discovered during validation, the Trophies Coordinator has discretion to seek further validation from the member or from other records.
Distance Trophies for the Horse (belonging to or competed on by full EGB Members only)
1. Annual Distance Trophy highest total pleasure and competitive (CR & ER)
kms for the season
2. Competitive Rides highest total CR kms for the season
3. Endurance Rides highest total ER kms for the season
4. Pleasure Rides highest total kms for the season, horse not to have
started in a competitive ride during the season.
5. Dalebeck Yanetta Trophy highest total pleasure & competitive (CR & ER)
kms for a horse collecting kms for the first time.
(those where owners collected kms as an Associate
member in previous seasons for this horse are not
6. Woody Trophy Horse or pony 14.2 hh or under, highest EGB
Competition (CR & ER) kms for the season
7. Veteran Horse Trophy Horses 18 years or older, highest total
kms for the season
Points Trophies for the Horse (belonging to or competed on by full EGB members only)
1. Rom & Biddy Cup highest number of points from best 10 rides (ER
and/or CR) any distance. Horse must start in 10 or
more ER and/or CR rides.
2. Solway Cloudy Trophy highest number of points from the best 5 rides (CR
& ER) of any distance where a horse has only
competed (started) in 9 rides or less all season.
3. Leesview Stud Challenge Cup highest number of points from best 10 rides
(CR) or less where horse has only competed
(started) in rides of 50kms or less all season
4. Holman Trophy highest number of points from ER rides only
5. 1st Season Competitive Rides highest number of points for the season for
horses that have not progressed to Open
Qualification Level in this their first
6. Dalebeck Dancer Trophy highest number of points from best 10 CRs, horses
to have started in at least 1 ride of 50kms or more.
Trophies for Riders & Crew
1. Associate Members Trophy Associate Members highest total pleasure kms for
the season (not open to associate members who are eligible for the 1st season Associate Members Trophy).
2. 1st Season Associate Members Trophy highest total pleasure kms for the
season for associate members who are not currently or have never been members of EGB or SERC.
3. Junior Rider Trophy highest total pleasure Kms for the season for full
EGB members only
4. Junior Rider Trophy highest total competitive Kms for the season for full
EGB members only
5. Elliot Trophy Male rider highest total kms for the season for full
EGB members only
6. Veteran Rider Trophy Riders 60 years or over highest total
kms for the season for full EGB members only.
7. Pot Luck Pairs Total kms for pairs as drawn earlier in the season
(Full EGB and Associate members who returned
an entry form at the start of the season)
8. Sam McGhee Trophy Awarded to the best Cumbria Crew. Crew is defined as any individual or group who have provided support to Cumbrian riders during the season. Members will be asked to make nominations and provide a short citation; the committee will review entries and select the winner.
9. ER Crew Trophy Awarded to the Crew of the horse winning the Endurance Rides Trophy. If there is a tie to take account of the results of the Holman Trophy. Where the horse has been crewed by more than one team the rider will decide who should receive the award.
Trophies for Horse & Pony by Type (belonging to full EGB Members only)
1. Fathers Folly Memorial Trophy Coloured horses highest total kms for the
2. Native Breeds Trophy highest total kms for the season
3. Thoroughbred Trophy highest total kms for the season
4. Part Bred Arab Trophy highest total kms for the season
5. Arab Trophy highest total kms for the season
6. Other Breeds & Crossbreeds highest total kms for the season